Merge a dev site into a live site
From Metro Studios Knowledgebase
This is especially useful when a single feature has been completed on a dev site, and the changes need to then be applied to the live site.
1. Archive both httpdocs and httpdocs.git directory assets (using tar) of the live site. Preserve permissions.
tar -cvpzf httpdocs.tgz httpdocs
2. Add the dev site repository as a remote repository of the live site.
git remote add dev1 ssh://USERNAME@dev1.metro-studios.com:11200/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs.git
3. Pull changes from the remote's master branch.
git pull dev1 master
4. Push the changes out to the live site.
5. You may need to update the .htaccess file in the base directory of the site, making sure that the include path accurately reflects the correct directory structure.
php_value include_path ".:/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/_boost/" php_value auto_prepend_file "/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs/_boost/bootstrap.php"
- Replace DOMAIN.COM with the site's domain