Moving an IP address to another server
From Metro Studios Knowledgebase
When setting up an SSL certificate for a website it may be necessary to migrate an unused IP address from another server. First you'll want to find an available IP address (one that has no domain assigned to it or the domain no longer uses an SSL certificate). Once you've determined which IP address you're going to use, you'll need to do the following:
- If the IP address has a domain attached to it, reassign the domain to the public IP address for the server (Be sure to update the domain's Zone File too).
- Remove the IP address from the server
- Add the IP address to the new server
- Clear the ARP on the old server
sudo arp -d [ipaddress]
- Reboot the server.
- Assign the new domain to the ip address (Be sure to update the domain's Zone File too).
- Try just restarting apache next time.